What are my course goals?
Now that you know what you are trying to achieve, it is important to state what your objectives are for the course redesign. For example:
As a result of this course design:
- I will identify the underlying reasons for DFW rates in this course.
- I will identify campus partners (CODL, CTE, Writing Center, Libraries) to help me develop critical thinking and engaged learning assignments.
- I will implement scaffolding for large assignments to build on student abilities to successfully accomplish the required tasks.
Creating these course redesign objectives will help you decide:
- your priorities for the course
- indicators for success
CODL: Redesigning Your Course - First Steps
Resources to help you with crafting your course redesign objectives:
- Inside HigherEd “Gateway Course Redesign”
- Course Design Matrix & Measurable Action Verbs (doc)
- Purdue University’s “What Do You Want To Accomplish?”
- “Using Learning Goals to Guide Course Redesign”—Michael Moody